Why Use Vitamin C Products? Its Benefits and How to Use It
Vitamin C is a holy grail in the skincare world. It is an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory nutrient. Using that in your skincare routine can work wonders.
This blog will help you with the dos and don'ts of using vitamin C serum and the right way of application. Moreover, we have recommended the best vitamin C products in India.
What Is Vitamin C?
Ascorbic acid, commonly referred to as Vitamin C, is a soluble nutrient that has a significant role in maintaining healthy skin.
Benefits of Using Vitamin C
In this section, we will introduce the ample benefits of using vitamin C
- Improves Skin Complexion: Vitamin C hinders the production of melanin, which improves your skin complexion by reducing dark spots and issues like hyperpigmentation.
- Hydrates Your Skin: Vitamin C reduces skin water evaporation rate, also termed transepidermal water loss (TEWL). This enables your skin to retain moisture more effectively.
- Protects Your Skin from Sun Rays: Free radical occurs more when it is exposed to air, and UV rays are one of them. Using vitamin C can help to fight against these free radicals as it is enriched with antioxidants. This will help to pull down skin stress and aging and keeps you protected.
- Increases Collagen Production: Vitamin C promises to reduce anti-aging signs and gives you youthful skin by increasing collagen. Collagen is a protein that regenerates the skin's upper layer by restoring damaged and dead skin.
- Supporting Skin Healing And Repair Processes: Using vitamin C can help to repair your skin better as it increases barrier lipids in cells.
Do’s and Don’t of Using Vitamin C
Let's know what mistakes you must avoid while using vitamin C products.
Applying vitamin C daily at the same time daily can show you effective results. That means if you use it in the morning daily, use it in that time frame. Although it is advised to use vitamin C in the nighttime as it gets enough time to repair your skin and is not exposed to free radicals.
However, if you use it in the daytime, it is advisable to apply it before sunscreen to ensure appropriate care.
Lack of Inappropriate Skincare Layering
Vitamin C is sensitive to temperature changes, pH levels, and sunlight. Hence, you must apply vitamin C serum in the right order. Do not use it with alkaline or acidic ingredients.
This means applying it after a cleanser and before a hydrating moisturizer. Or if you are using a toner, ensure to use it before vitamin C.
Don’t Mix Vitamin C With Aha, Bha, or Retinol
Mixing these ingredients can make vitamin C ineffective.
Don’t Use Vitamin C on Damp Skin
Rubbing will only lead to your loss. That means when you rub, it makes the composition ineffective.
Note: Ensure to wait for a minute after applying vitamin C, then apply other products.
Don’t Use It if It Has Changed Its Color
Once the vitamin C serum bottle is open, it tends to oxidize easily. If the colour changes to deep brown, it becomes ineffective. It can cause skin staining, which means it will work reverse and tend to darken your skin.
Try Vitamin A+C+E in Case of Active Acne
You can use a combo of vitamins A, E, and C in case of active acne. It will boost the antioxidant properties of another and vitamin A; retinol will help reduce the amount of sebum production.
Note: Skip using pure vitamin C serum in case of active acne.
Most of us don't know the right way to use vitamin C. Want to know how? Check the next section.
How to Use Vitamin C?
Let's know the appropriate way to use vitamin C serum.
Step 1: Cleansing
Clean your face properly and pat dry your face.
Step 2: Apply Vitamin C
Take a drop onto your finger. Make sure you apply one drop of serum for one quadrant of your face. This means use
- One drop for left cheeks,
- Second, drop one right cheek.
- Third drop on your forehead.
- Fourth drop for your nose and chin.
Once done, ensure you let it absorb properly for 5-10 seconds.
Step 3: Moisturize Your Skin Well
You can then apply a hydrating moisturizer.
Step 4: Use Sunscreen
Cover your skin with sunscreen with at least 30 SPF or more.
Hang on! Don't skip the next section. It's a treasure for you. We are recommending some of the best vitamin C products.
The Best Vitamin C Products Online in India
The market is flooded with Vitamin C serums, creams, face masks, toners, eye creams, body lotions, and facial mist. Let's know our tried and tested products in this section.
Buy Dot & Key Vitamin C Serum Concentrate + E Super Bright Moisturizer Online
This combo of vitamins C and E is perfect for all skin types. It makes your skin plum, containing hyaluronic acid and no sulphates, parabens, or alcohol. The vitamin E moisturizer keeps skin supple and has lactic acid, which also exfoliates.
Buy Dromen & Co Vitamin C Serum Online
This serum is magic for your skin. It vanishes hyperpigmentation, boosts collagen, and adds the right amount of nourishment to the skin. It contains several ingredients like rosehip oil, jojoba oil, and vitamin E oil. This product shows effective results in strengthening your skin.
Buy Biocule Ever Glow Vitamin C Face Toner & Vitamin C Face Serum Online
This Biocule vitamin C-rich toner shows great results. It adds a natural glow while increasing skin cell turnover. And the serum is the cherry on top for ultimate radiance.
- Is It Ok to Use Vitamin C Every Day?
Yes, it is OK to use vitamin C every day. You can make it your AM and PM skincare friend.
- What Are Vitamin C Serum Side Effects?
Side effects of vitamin C can be faced by sensitive skin people. It can cause
- Skin Irritation
Vitamin C Products Online Price List
- SkinYoga Vitamin C Facial Serum, 30ml ₹356
- Khadi Essentials Vitamin C Serum, 30ml ₹499
- Koric Vitamin C Exfoliating Cleanser, 120ml ₹381
- LISEN Supercharge Multi-Solution Vitamin C Ampoule, 30ml ₹1,935
- Cos-IQ® Vitamin C-23% Face Serum, 30ml ₹749
People Also Search For -
Vitamin C serums, creams, face masks, toners, eye creams, body lotions, and facial mist & more.