If you think hair coloring is a modern age discovery to enhance your crowning feature then you might be wrong. Hair coloring has existed since Egyptian times. And being an accomplished civilization in beauty standards, they also used to stain their tresses with henna to cover grays. Greeks and Romans are also believed to have jumped on the trend of coloring hair. On one hand, hair colors were used to cover grays and to exemplify beauty standards. Whereas on the other hand, they used hair colors for ranking people based on their profession. Whatever the reason being, hair color has evolved through ages along with its usage.
From basic hair dyes, metallic blondes, browns, caramels to electric blues, reds, purple, and unicorn shades, hair colors have seen a major trend shift. But, it is not always necessary that hopping onto a trend will bring out the best in you. Especially when it comes to hair color, it is suggested you take expert opinion. And you are lucky if you haven’t had to despise any of your hair color choices because as much as the right hair color can bring out the best features in you, the wrong hair color can just do the opposite.
Before opting for any hair color shade you must consider texture, volume, length, and complete hair health. And on top of it all, you need to first identify your skin tone whether it is warm or cool. The Easiest way to identify your skin tone is to go out in the sun if your skin gets red, your skin is cool-toned if your skin gets tanned, it is warm toned and if none of the previously said is the case, your skin tone falls under olive complexion. Let us check the suitability
- Fair or cool skin tone
If you have a fair to light skin complexion and cool undertone, warm brown or golden brown hair color shades will complement your pink skin. And for the warm undertones, a vibrant wine burgundy hair color works wonders.
- Neutral or olive skin tone
If you have a neutral skin tone with a warm undertone, blonde with a mix of brown shades will bring out the radiance in your complexion. Another advantage of olive complexions is that the experiment of red shades compliments the skin tone perfectly.
- Dark skin tone
For deep skin tone, warm shades of brown or intense red complement the warm undertone flawlessly. Chocolate dark brown on a cool undertone enhances facial features while giving a soft, radiant look.
Once you have identified which color will suit you, make a choice whether you want this change temporary or permanently. Yes, you have options to choose from permanent, semi-permanent, demi-permanent to temporary hair color. But what is the difference amongst all four you ask? Here’s your answer
- Permanent hair color, as the name suggests, permanently alters your natural hair color shade by directly penetrating into the hair cuticles and locks it to avoid fading.
- Demi-permanent hair color, mixed with low volume developer in order to enhance, refresh and add luster to your existing shade. This color fades gradually with every shampoo wash.
- Semi-permanent hair color consists of a gentle blend of ammonia which makes it a close cousin of hair dye. This type does not penetrate the hair shaft thus only acting as an outer layer.
- Temporary hair color or hair dye in simple terms, usually found in a powdered or spray form. It coats grays and masks the regrowth of your hair. This eventually fades out with a wash and therefore stylists use demi-permanent in combination to add layers.
These hair coloring tips are handy for men as well as women. Hence, now that you are all sorted with the type of color and shade selection, go wild coloring your hair in highlights, ombre, sombre, balayage, or any other type.
Explore the range of professional hair colors online on cossouq. And hey, as you search for the best hair color and hair dye, also look for products in other categories including Eyes, Body, Lips, Face, Hand & feet, Health & Hygiene, Fragrance, Tools & Brushes, Gift packs.